• May 16May 23rd- 1st, 2nd and & 3rd Exams/1:51 dismissal

• May 16May 22nd- 9th hour exam

• May 16May 19th- Graduation practice 9am/ Ceremony 7pm in BHHS Gym

The student news site of Bunker Hill High School

BHHS Up On The Hill

Filed under A&E

Fall is Here!

Fall is here! Fall opens up many activities for people to do. You can go to pumpkin farms, apple orchards, corn mazes, or haunted houses, and even dress up for Halloween or attend homecoming! There are many places that people can go to do these activities but there are some popular places around us; Rhodes Family Farm, Eckert’s, Grant’s Farm and others.

If you are looking for a good family friendly pumpkin farm, Rhodes Family Farm is a great place! They are located in Worden, Illinois at 8863 Dustman Road. They have a pumpkin patch, corn Maze, a petting zoo, zip line, a jumping pillow and many other activities. They are open Tuesday through Friday 8:30 am and Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 6 pm.

Eckert’s has the best apple picking around! Eckert’s is full of fresh, farm-picked food and tons of unique tasting products! Eckert’s is family farm with seasonal pick-your-own crops in Belleville and Grafton, Illinois. The Belleville location is open from 8 am to 8 pm and the Grafton location from 9 am to 5pm. Eckert’s has apple picking, and pumpkins for sale, they even have a country restaurant.

Grant’s Farm is a free historic family attraction. This is a one-of-a-kind place and activity that is fantastic for kids; it’s comparable to a zoo but so much more interactive. You can see an elephant show, bird show, and much more! Also, feeding the goats is always fun! Grant’s Farm is located in St. Louis at 10501 Gravois Road. They are open September 2nd through October 30th on Friday 9:30 am to 2:30 pm and Saturday and Sunday 9:30 am to 3:30 am. Grant’s Farm has Clydesdales, goats, parakeet, and camel rides.

“How deep into the depths of The Darkness can you take before your next breath is your last?” said the owner of The Darkness. The Darkness (also known as America’s scariest haunted house) is a haunted house located in St. Louis. It is open daily from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm. The Darkness is not like any other haunted house you have ever experienced. The Darkness is such a great haunt, if you’re a thrill seeker this is the best place to go!

The Great Godfrey Corn Maze is located at 6810 Godfrey Road. It is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5pm. They also have a haunted corn maze that started on October 7th that is open from dark until 10 pm. If you are looking for a great corn maze, this one is the best!

Joelle and Dane took a survey on twenty random seniors asking of the five fall festivities (Rhodes, Eckert’s, Grants Farm, haunted houses, and corn mazes), which was their favorite. The most popular was haunted houses with twelve votes out of twenty! Whether it’s a elaborate haunted house in St. Louis or just a community haunted house, they are definitely a go to during October! If you don’t like being scared, according to the survey, corn mazes are the next big thing!

Fall brings so many fun activities that people can do! Pumpkin farms, apple orchards, corn mazes, haunted houses, Halloween, and also homecoming are must do’s during this amazing season! People can do all of these activities for cheap and they are not that far away from home. They are what makes fall so much fun every year!